Three days into advent and I’ve finally managed to fill the little wooden doors with activities for advent. I’ve used some of The Green Parent’s lovely nature advent calendar ideas, combined with craft and kindness activity ideas I found on Pinterest. I thought I’d share them here in case anyone is looking for advent activity ideas for kids.
- Watch the sunset.
- Decorate a tree.
- Make star decorations with twigs.
- Collect holly to decorate the house.
- Make a natural wreath.
- Make paper chains.
- Try to do some yoga positions outdoors.
- Decorate a gingerbread house.
- Collect some toys to donate to charity.
- Go on a night walk and look at the stars.
- Offer to help someone.
- Bake some biscuits and give them to the post office staff.
- Make pine cone Christmas elves.
- Make some paper snowflakes.
- Decorate a jam jar lantern to give to someone.
- Hide a happy note for someone to find.
- Go for a walk in the woods and hug a tree.
- Decorate a Yule log.
- Stay up late with lights off except for the Christmas tree.
- Take food to the food bank.
- Go beach combing.
- Watch the sunrise together to celebrate the winter solstice.
- Find two big sticks and pretend to be a reindeer.
- Read Christmas stories together.
I also absolutely loved this un-busy advent activities for families list.
Do you have any favourite advent traditions? I’d love to hear them.